Question
Posted by: RW | 2009/10/28

Blood clots in urine

I gave birth to my first baby 9 days ago (I was induced and gave birth vaginally. I had an epidural and catheder). I' ve now noticed blood clots in my urine. It doesn' t really hurt when I urinate but I do feel a little uncomfortable all the time. Is this normal? If not, what can it be...a bladder infection?

It may be blood from the uterus which comes out when you pass urine. Give it a few days and see whether it lessens.

2

Posted by: Anna | 2009/10/28

This is pretty normal around this time, should be gone by day 14 after delivery. Good luck with the little one.

Reply to Anna