Posted by: Cameron | 2008-11-17

Blood clots in lungs

i know i have to go and see the doctor which i made an appointment for.

Two weeks ago they diagnosed i had blood clots in both my lungs and i was admitted to Cardiac ICU (i am 27).

yesterday i had pain in my right lung for a few minutes and the pain went away. About 10 minutes later i had this terrible pain in my heart almost like a big thump or like a knife was stabbed in my heart for a couple of seconds and it went away. i felt dizzy and lost my breath....

could the clots have gone through to my heart? could it have been a mild heart attack?

Dear Cameron
This is the kind of thing you need to go to an emergency unit for - you can't wait for an appointment. If you are feeling short of breath or coughing up bloodstained sputum see the doctor tonight still.