Question
Posted by: RONNY | 2012/07/25

Blood circulation

Hi. Twice it has happened to me that my left arm goes dead while i was sleeping at night with a total loss of sensation. I am a smoker and I''m worried that my blood circulation is poor. My lips also feels funny on occasion. I am 37 years of age.

Thanking you

Ronny

You should stop smoking but the numbness in your arm is most likely due to the position that you lie in at night. This can cause strain on your neck, which in turn causes numbness of your arm. Consult a physiotherapist, as it is possible that you have underlying muscle stiffness that will need treatment.