Question
Posted by: TTC | 2011/07/12

Blood after sex

I am 40 years old and went off the pill on 29 May in an attempt to fall pregnant. My first cycle after that was exactly 28 days but a week before hand I noticed a pinky discharge after having sex. I''m due for my period again next week (if not pregnant!) and again, the pinky discharge appears just after sex. It puts my partner off, and we end up being celibate for two weeks - the week before period and the actual week of period. Any ideas what is causing this? Is it my body adjusting to not having the pill? Is this cause for concern? Will it always be like this? Its frustrating.

Bleeding after sex always needs investigation as it may mean a problem with the cervix.

1