Posted by: des | 2009-01-28

bloei voor my tyd?

Good day Doc
I am on my third row of my contraceptive, Nordette, only the second pill, and I have started my period, I have cramps, but not so bad. I was just wondering... should I go to the gynae, or do these types of things happen? i was on antibiotics about two weeks ago, and my husband and i was safe, but there was this one time... :)
It started yesterday. I normally don’ t have problems with my period and it is usually on time.Could i be pregnant and this is the cause???

worried : /

Dear Des
The culprit is probably the antibiotics - it causes the pill to be incompletely absorbed from the gut. Pregnancy would not cause a period, although in some cases it can cause a slight inplantation bleed. Wait until the end of this packet, if you skip your period, rather do a pregnancy test for your own peace of mind!