Posted by: martin | 2009-01-12

blodd pressure

my blood pressure has dropped from 135 / 90 to 115/65. i have started training and also stopped drinking completely.
is this normal for this huge change?

Hi Martin

It's fine. Remember also that you've got a once off measurement here, and it's hard to intepret by itself. You really need a 24-hour measurement or at least repeated measurements to really know what's happening. But this is fine, it's a good response and your BP is still normal. Exercise does lower BP, so everything looks fine.

Posted by: Regz | 2009-01-15

My blood pressure is 139 / 90 but the other day was 151 / 100. I' m a pro ice skater. i want to know if jogging and pumping weights to keep fit can cause a problem for me.

Reply to Regz
Posted by: Zexeon | 2009-01-13

That is great maybe I should get mine checked out. Although it won' t be that remarkable as I' m drinking a glass of wine sometimes but not that seldom so it might also be fine. My pulse is 60 min per second resting or at least for now.

Reply to Zexeon