Question
Posted by: Evelyn | 2011/05/23

Blocked tubes

Hi, I''m 37yrs old. My right hand side tube is partially blocked, and my left one is completely blocked. As if that was not enought, I also have a fibroid of 6cm size inside my uterus.Is operation the only hope for me, or do i have other options? I desperately want to fall pregnant, please help.

Dear Evelyn

I would strongly recommend that the fibroid be removed as this may have an impact on your blood flow in the womb as well as to some extent contribute o the partial blockage of your tube if it is in close proximity to your tube. If the primary objective of the operation is to unblock the tubes then this may not always be successful and may in fact contribute to ectopic pregnancies. The option of in-vitro fertilization (IVF) will in most case provide you with a higher success rate than tubal surgery by itself. However in your case the large size of the fibroid is sufficient to warrant an operation and it is common practice if possible to attempt unblocking the tubes at the same time. Should no pregnancy ensue after a period of 9 months after the procedure then I would recommend that you move onto IVF.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: VINNY MIKA | 2011/05/31

helo, on 2010 janaury ive been daignosed that im having a fabriod and my uterus are thinly closed i did an operation to unblock the tubes and remove the fabriod, so de Dr explained to me that chances of having a child are very low cause the sperms cant go through of the uterus, so he refered me to the Dr in Pretoria for IVF i did all the procedures and but i never consive then i went back to the Dr again for another one still it didnt work. im so frustrated cause de money ive spend actually all the cost for the hole procedure please help me on that cause i dont no what to do now.

Reply to VINNY MIKA
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/05/26

Dear Evelyn

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert