Question
Posted by: Thakane | 2011-03-10

Blocked tubes

Good day

I was recently told my one tube is blocked (proximal blockage), i was told i have 2 options:
1. Tuboplasty
2. IVF

Are there no other options? i read somewhere that there are herbs (felopio) and there is Baloon tuboplasty, are these available in S.A as well?

Dear Thakane

The two options that have been mentions are the only to options that have got a reasonable success as apposed to all the other methods which are still experimental and have not been proven to be effective. The choice between tuboplasty and IVF for proximal blockage is a difficult choice and in our experience the IVF is the far more successful option. The problem with proximal damage is that occasionally tubal reimplantation may be necessary and this technique can be extremely difficult and with very low success.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011-03-17

Dear Thakane

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert