Posted by: Sickly | 2012-10-02

Blocked runny nose and persistant cough

For 2 weeks now I''ve had this constant either blocked nose, or runny nose, with this persistant cough. I can feel that I have alot of phlegm on my chest when coughing.

It doesn''t seem to be getting any better, and I''ve started getting chills again (getting hot and cold).

I used 2 different sinus medicines and finished the boxes but no improvement. I''ve also been drinking flemeaze cough medicine but also no improvement.

Unfortunately I live in a small town with only 1 doctor and he is away on leave until the 8 October.

Is there anything else I can use (over the counter medicine) to feel any better?

Unfortunately, there is not much over the counter medication that will be of any use. You will need a course of oral antibiotics, as well as a course of oral corticosteroids to treat the sinusitis causing your symptoms. Ask your pharmacist if it is possible that he can phone your doctor for a telephonic prescription.

Posted by: Abdullah | 2012-10-16

Using as inspiration, I can come up with a quick aipooxpmatirn of average costs for Canadians. The report shows that 2008 per capita health insurance was around $5150. (2009 and 2010 expenses were projected to increase from that by $250/yr per capita) That works out to $430 per month of govt.-paid money per person. I''m not sure how can be on average as low as $50/month, or where the other $380/month comes from. (side note: The amount of Canadians'' health care costs that are paid for with that govt money is steady at 70%, with the rest coming out of pocket.)I would like to think that for $430/person/month you could probably buy pretty good health insurance in America, especially if you exclude Rx drugs, to the point of free (no deductibles, no co-insurance, no out-of-pocket). If something like that existed in America for that cost, I wonder if Americans who could afford it would buy it for themselves

Reply to Abdullah