Question
Posted by: AMANDA | 2008/09/29

blocked Nose and headaches

Greetings
i want ot know what causes the pain in your forehead, as if something is blocked there, when you face down,when you' re about to pick up something on the ground. i have a sinus problem in so much for the past few days i have running nose in the morning as well as in the evening sometimes they are blocked, i' m taking allergex for that just to dry my nose. when i blow my nose the mucus is greenish light browninsh. Help Please

Dear Amanda
Your frontal sinuses are located between your eyes in your forehead and with the symptoms you are describing you probably have acute sinusitis. Try rinsing with saltwater ( 1 cup lukewarm water plus 1/2 teaspoon salt - sniff up into the nose and blow out - repeat until the water comes out clear). I think you probably need antibiotics too - please see your doctor for a prescription. Stop the allergex and use Drixine or Illiadin nose spray 12 hourly for a few days only. Decongestants tend to make the phlegm thick and difficult to drain which causes more infection.