Posted by: Dikeledi | 2010-01-28

Blocked Fallopian Tubes

I believe i have blocked fallopian tubes, what are the procedures on unblocking them?

Dear Dikeledi

If your fallopian tubes are blocked in the terminal end and has not been damaged badly then it is possible that you can have an operation to unblock the fallopian tubes. The name of this procedure is known as tuboplasty. If however the blockage is at the proximal end or if the fallopian tubes are badly damaged then under those circumstances a tuboplasty is usually very unsuccessful and you will then require in-vitro fertilization.

Answered by: Dr. Y.M. Dasoo

Posted by: Becky | 2010-01-28

I would suggest you go and see your gynae so that he can perform a Hysterosalpingogram (specialized x-ray done by injecting a dye into the tubes) and exploratory laparoscopic surgery (where they take a thin camera and place it through your cervix, to look at your uterus). Good luck

Reply to Becky