Posted by: Rene | 2011-03-17

Blocked ears after exercise

after a hard run I tend to get blocked ears. it doesn''t happen straight away or while i am running, but once i start cooling down - about 5 mins after stopping. it started a few months ago and happens every time and lasts for probably about 10 mins or so.

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Rene

This may be due to swelling of the nasal passages during exercise, and could be completely normal. Certain conditions may have an effect on the nasal passages, and this may include your position, temperature changes, or even exercise. The nose also has a normal nasal cycle, which means that the one nostril is always more open than the other, and this changes about every 6 hours.

You need to exclude an allergy, or a slight infection as other possible causes, but if nothing is found, this could be physiological and considered normal. Obviously recent trauma may also be a cause, if this has occured.

Posted by: Krishan | 2011-04-14

Sir, i am 30 years old i didn''t sleep straight never it makes breathe problem. I think it may be a lap in my throat.i am frustrate.

Reply to Krishan