Question
Posted by: Maseeha | 2011-01-08

Blocked Ears

I''ve seen an ENT who diagnosed me with having a blocked eustacian tube. This comes after I noticed that my ears were blocked. He prescribed steroids and nasal sprays, but there was still no improvement. He now recomends inserting grommets in my ears. Is this advisable? Is this also the normal procedure and treatment?

Expert ImageSinus Expert

Eustachian tube problems are the main cause of blocked ears. It can also be attributed to hearing loss. If there is clinically a pressure problem or fluid buildup in the ears the grommets would help and be indicated. If not so an hearing evaluation would be indicated

1
Posted by: Sinus Expert | 2011-01-21

Reply to Sinus Expert