Posted by: EJ | 2009-06-30

Blocked ear

Yesterday I used an earbud (I very seldom use one as i know they' re bad) in my right ear, and my ears been blocked since then. (I was very careful when i used the earbud). Can you suggest some eardrops or something i can use? Thank you!

Dear EJ
You probably pushed a plug of wax against the eardrum. Try using Waxol in the evening for 2-3 days and then ask your GP to rinse your ear for you.

Posted by: 007Boer | 2009-06-30

I am no doctor, but I had the same problem. My GP prescribed Waxol, which disolves the wax, or maybe just makes it easier to dislodge by natural processes. It usually takes three treatments over two days to get the desired results. The wax should come out by itself, otherwise you' ll have to go have it washed out.

Reply to 007Boer