Question
Posted by: Dee | 2010-11-22

Blocked and damaged tubes

Dear Doc

I am 28yrs and my gynea told me that I have damaged and blocked tubes and endometriosis. I need an advice on how to fall pregnant and what can I do to repair the fallopian tubes. I do not have any children and I also have a heavy flow menstrual with pain. Is there a solution to my problem except the IVF procedure. Please advice

Dear Dee

The best person to advise you would be your gynaecologist that has assessed and inspected your damaged or blocked fallopian tubes and your endometriosis. If the fallopian tubes are not too badly damaged or if they are blocked only at the terminal ends it is possible to have them repaired. The success rate of such a repair would depend on how badly damaged the fallopian tubes are. Unfortunately if the fallopian tubes are not repairable then your only option would then be IVF.

Answered by Dr Dasoo

3
Posted by: Dee | 2010-12-10

Thank you all for your responses, I am based in Gauteng, West Rand and where can I find the AP specialising with infertility in the Gauteng area.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: LN | 2010-11-27

IVF is generally the only option if there are tubal problems.

On the other hand, you may want to get the opinion of an alternative practitioner (AP) that specialises in infertility.
AP''s would treat the existing endo first, cleanse/detox the reproductive system and assist with nourishment and repair of the affected reproductive organs. However, the process may take time (approx 6 months) and then natural or AI may be tried.

Remember that any organ system can heal and be repaired provided that the internal and external factors are in a state of homeostasis.

Ps: Where are you based

Reply to LN
Posted by: x | 2010-11-24

invitro

Reply to x