Question
Posted by: danny | 2009/01/06

BLOCK TUBES

GOOD DAY

I JUST WANT TO KNOW THE DR SAID THAT MY TUBES ARE BLOCK AND THAT I WONT BE ALE TO FALL PREGNANT CAN THE TUBES BE UNBLOCKED AND WHY DO I STILL HAVE MY PERIOD
PLEASE HELP

Dear Danny

Having your period has nothing to do with blocked fallopian tubes as menstruation occurs from the lining of the uterus and not from the fallopian tubes. Which means that even if your fallopian tubes are blocked, you will still have a period. The fallopian tubes can be repaired surgically however, it all depends on where the blockage is and how severely damaged the fallopian tubes are. The procedure to open the fallopian tubes is called a tuboplasty. If however the fallopian tubes cannot be opened or repaired then your only option would then be IVF.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo