Posted by: Lee-Ann | 2012-08-28

Bloating, Gas, Constipation, Runny tummy

Hi, earlier this year I ended up going for x-rays because I was getting pains in my ribcage and it turned out I was so back''d up it was pushing on my internal organs. I got presecription medicine and all was well. Now I seem to be going through the same thing but with cramps and nausea this time and a really really bloated abdomen. I''m also alternating between constipation and a runny tummy. I also seem to have a dodgy odour which comes and goes in my privates which I put down to my period but it should be gone now that I have stopped menstruating? I have just bought fiber to see if that won''t help. Is it time for the doctor again? What is the probelm? Thank you

I strongly suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination and referral for a colonoscopy, in order to make a proper diagnosis. It is possible that you are suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome but this is an diagnosis made, by excluding all other possibilities, like diverticular disease. Your doctor will also have to do a gynaecological examination, as it is possible that you have a bacterial vaginal infection, which will have to be treated with a course of oral antibiotics.