Posted by: Jill | 2011-10-17

Bloating and lower back pain

For the past few weeks I''ve been suffering from bloating, distention and flatulence as soon as I eat anything - it doesn''t matter what I eat or drink, or how little, it feels like I''ve overeaten. It''s extremely uncomfortable &  I can''t wear anything tight. I don''t have cramps but my stomach is very tender and sore to the touch. There''s a soreness in the lower right stomach accomanied by aching in the lower right back. My bowel movements are normal and regular though it feels like my bowels are full. Could I have colon desease or perhaps a bug or even worms? I''ve just spent 3 months in Thailand. Should I try an OTC de-wormer? I''m 57 and have never suffered from gastic problems before. Hope you can advise. Thanks

In the light of your recent traveling, I do suggest that you consult your doctor for blood tests, stool and urine analysis, to test for parasitic infection. It is possible that you have picked up a parasite whilst in Thailand and you will have to investigate this possibility as soon as possible.