Posted by: kirstie | 2011-10-12

bloating above navel

hi doci would like to know what is going on here.
im 27 f and small build weigh about 52kg i think

i have extreme bloatedness that even above my navel is bloated.
when i lie down my tummy is not flat.

i look pregnant and feel very uncomfortable if i dont eat and it burns too. so i have to eat alot.

i dont have constipation and worry that its my small intestine or stomach ulcer.i just feel very uncomfortable and really look pregnant as my tummy is towards like a ball and past my breasts please help.

The extreme bloating can be due to an ulcer and I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor for a gastroscopy and barium meal. In the interim, you can use Gaviscon, three times daily before meals.