Posted by: Ava | 2011-07-28

I suffer with GERD and take currently Topzole twice daily. Two weeks ago, I started tasting bile in my mouth. The bitter taste was disgusting. But it went away until last weekend. I had such an " attack" , I couldn''t lie on my side, wasn''t comfortable, very bloated and was burping the whole day. Eventually, by 2am I was sitting on the toilet with the runs. Up until now, I am still bloated. WHat do I do? I went in March to the specialist for a colonoscopy and gastroscopy. Do I make another appointment to see him or do I see my GP.

You should make another appointment with the specialist to repeat the special investigations, in order to determine the correct treatment. In the interim, you can use Gaviscon Advanced before meals, to suppress the symptoms of GERD. Be especially careful to avoid spicy food, carbonated soft drinks and food that causes bloating.