Posted by: Sarah | 2009-07-31

Bloated tummy

I excerise 3x a week, eat 4 fruits a day, i limit my intake of carbs, but yet my tummy still gets so bloated. i drink approx 750 ml of water, if i have too much of water i still bloat.
Please help, should i go see a dietcian

thanks doc

Dear Sarah
I would first recommend that you see a medical dr so that he/she can determine what condition is causing this bloating. There are many things that could be responsible (irritable bowel disease, enzyme deficiencies, ulcers, gallbladder disease, food allergies, etc). Once you have a diagnosis you can contact a dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), to assist you with the correct diet for that specific condition.