Question
Posted by: bloated | 2009/01/16

Bloated tummy

I suffer from bloatedness and have to refrain from beer etc.
However, 2 years ago on holiday I had a bad spout of this and also suffered very bad heart burn from alcohol.
I was prescribed two sets of tablets, one for bloatedness and the other for the heart burn condition.
Is there anything that can be received over the counter that is not just run of the mill stuff?

Please advise

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Unfortunately, there is not anything available over the counter that is not just run of the mill stuff. You can however, try Gaviscon Advanced, three times daily before meals, for at least one month. If your condition does not subside, you will have to undergo a gastroscopy.