Question
Posted by: Ann | 2009/11/24

bloated stomach

i am 42 yrs old, my stomach seems bloated from below my breast right down, i want to to belly dance to prevent this, is this the correct advice?. my stomach shows when i wear jeans and i have to wear long tops, i am short.
please advise . thanks.

Dear Ann
If your tummy sticks out because fat has been deposited in the abdominal area then doing exercise may help. I would recommend situps rather than belly dancing, but that is your choice. However, if you tummy sticks out because of winds and gas then you need to have a medical checkup to determine if there is an underlying condition such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) that is causing the problem. No amount of belly dancing will cure IBS. If you should have IBS or another physical condition that can be treated by diet, then get back to me and we can see what changes you can make to your diet.

1

Dear Ann