Posted by: CBme | 2009-02-11

Bloated stomach

I have been on Yasmin for 9months. And since starting it - I have had no periods. I do a pregnancy test almost every month to check - and all have been negative.

Since Friday my stomach has been bloated up quite badly - or feels much bigger and is uncomfortable. It has not gotten any better since then.

My last negative pregnancy test was on 24/12/200, I have had no other symptoms.Is it possible for pregnancy tests to be false negative or do you think there could be something else wrong other than a possible pregnancy?

Dear CBme
It is very strange that you do not menstruate on the Yasmin. You may have developed an ovarian cyst, and I think you should have a gyne examination and possible sonar of the ovaries to exclude this. The pregnancy tests we get these days will probably show up a positive pregnancy especially if you have been doing this repeatedly.

Posted by: take action | 2009-02-11

I dont mean to freak you out more than you are right now, but my advice to you will be to get yourself checked up by a gynea a.s.a.p!! a friend of mine landed up in ICU this year,with cloths in her lungs and legs. Dr' s told her there is a great chance it was due to Yasmin.

take action

Reply to take action