Question
Posted by: Thai | 2012/08/15

Bloated all day

I have constipation problem. I can go 4 - 10 days without going to the toilet. I consulted my doctor and he advised me to eat food that help mew go to the toilet.

Bran and fruit do wonders but now the problem is I am forever bloated especial after eating bran flakes and milk in the morning. I spend the whole day going to the toilet just to release the air. It is sooo uncomfortable. PLEASE HELP

Dear Thai
I am sorry to hear that you suffer from bloating. If you find that foods like bran flakes cause severe winds and bloating, then you need to rather obtain the dietary fibre you need from fruit, dried fruit and vegetables. I would recommend that you cut out the bran and other forms of wholewheat and eat fruit, dried fruit and vegetables for 2-3 weeks to see if this helps with the bloating, but still keeps you regular. I would also recommend that you start using probiotics ("beneficial microorganisms") such as Bifidoflora which you can buy at health shops. Click on 'Diet & Nutrition', and 'Healthy colon' to read more about probiotics.

2
Posted by: marina | 2012/08/16

benefibre works good, try it.

Reply to marina

Dear Thai