Question
Posted by: Traphinah | 2011/10/31

bloated

God day Doc, i am healthyand fit and go to gym 3time in a week for 2hours, i eat all bran with fat free milk for break fast, since last week i feel bloted after my break fast, if i dont eat all brean for break fast i feel fine, i had bread for the whole week and i am now fine, i am worriend becuase i dont know what could be the couse of this and what other cereal i can change to,

2. i am also working on loosing weight, i do manage to loose 1kg per week, my problem is that i seem to loose weight but not fat, when i check my fat it stays the same but weight is getting down. will this affect my joney of loosing weight and what can i do? Thank you for your help.

Dear Traphinah
If you find that you get bloated when you eat All Bran for breakfast then rather switch to oats or maize meal or have toast with fat-free cottage cheese or jogurt. Some people do react to the high insoluble fibre content of All Bran by getting bloated. If you are losing 1 kg in weight every week, you need not worry. If you are attending a gym (which is probably where you are measuring your body fat%) then ask the instructor to increase the amount of cardio exercise you do to help reduce your body fat%.
Keep up the good work

1

Dear Traphinah
Keep up the good work