Question

Bloated

i excersise regulary and eat fairly healthy. However for a month now I feel bloated, gassy and i go to the loo for ''number two'' once a week.

are there any yoga excercises i can do to easy bloatedness, gas and make my system work faster.

tx,

Expert ImageYoga

Yes there are many practices that would help speed up metabolism and ease gas. In fact there is a posture called "wind releasing pose" that would work. I would recommend sun salutations to get the metabolism going, and shatkarmas - intestinal wash with salt water to clear out the bowels and also look at diet as many "healthy" foods may cause gas. It is strange that it has only been recently and perhaps you should also get it checked out, medically.

It is best to find a good yoga teacher with experience in Yoga Therapy that can tailor a set of practices for you to help manage the condition. The Shatkarmas are best learnt from someone who knows them. A great book that details these practices and has a therapeutic index is ASANA PRANAYAMA MUDRA BHANDA by Swami Satyananda.

Hope this is helpful.

1
Posted by: yoga | 2010/07/14

Hope this is helpful.

Reply to yoga