Posted by: Martha de Lange | 2009-07-13

I am on a low gi eatplan, eating enough fibre, regular bowel movements, drink water etc. Why am I always bloated and is their something I can take for it?

Dear Martha
There are many medications available to prevent or alleviate bloating, BUT you first need to see your medical dr so that we can determine what is causing the bloating. If you develop symptoms due to ulcers or acid reflux you would need to take an antacid and a proton pump inhibitor. If the symptoms are due to irritable bowel disease you would require another type of medication such as Bevispas. So this is why it is important to determine the reason why you are bloating because otherwise you may take the wrong medication and get no relief.
I hope you will sort out the problem.