Question
Posted by: Steve | 2012-02-29

Blisters on my lip

Hi, I was in Cape Town this week and my face burnt quite bad cos I forgot to put sunscreen on it, now I have these massive blisters on my bottom lip, on both sides and in the middle, some are clustered and one is just one big one, it doesnt look like normal fever blisters, Ive got Fenivir which doesnt really help so I have been using zambuk, but they look soft and squishy, can you recommend something?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Steve

Apart from keeping these clean, there's not much else you can do (Don't pop them. This won't help the healing process and may lead to infection). Continue with the fenivir, although the blisters probably are not viral. Staying out of the sun with these are also advised. Lastly, applying some bactroban twice daily may be a good idea.

1
Posted by: Ronle | 2012-03-01

Go for a course of Vitamin B Co injections at your chemist or Dischem. That is all that helps for me

Reply to Ronle