Posted by: Cathrine Alexander | 2013-01-03

Hi. My husband has small blisters that form on the base of his feet as well as between his toes. He treats them with G.violet in a foot spa, pops them (which I advice not to!), dabs mecurochrome, and they eventually go away. Only to come up again in new places a few weeks later. Please could you advice what could be causing them?

Expert ImagePodiatrist

Thank you for your e-mail Cathrine, from the symptoms that you have described it sounds as if your husband could be suffering from Vesicular Tinea Pedis/ Atlete's foot. He needs to consult with a podiatrist for an accurate diagnosis, who would advise him on the correct treatment. If it is a fungal infection, treatment should include topical treatment of the skin, decontamination of all his shoes and daily cleaning of the shower/ bathroom that he uses. He should wear slops all the time and not walk barefeet as fungal infections are highly contagious. For your nearest podiatrist 0861 100 249

Posted by: Lintang | 2013-02-13

I have a tumor on my foot. It is painful to walk and the psioatridt said it doesn''t do any good to do surgery as it will come back and more will come up. Another lump came on the side of my foot very suddenly. Can that be a cyst ?

Reply to Lintang