Posted by: Concerned Ear | 2008-11-10

blister/lump at the back of my Ear

Hi there,
i woke up this morning with what feels like a small (jelly tot size) blister/lump at the back of my ear - where the ear connects to the head, the ear is throbbing slightly, my head is also throbbing and my eyes seem very sensitive to light, any suggestions on what it might be and whether i should go and see my doc, i would very appreciative, thanks, concerned ear

Dear concerned ear
This is probably an enlarged lymphgland and an indication that there is an infection in the ear or head area. Rather let your doctor have a look at you (typical infections that cause enlarged glands in the head and neck area are tickbite fever, rubella, bacterial infections of the ear, nose or throat)