Question
Posted by: Zib | 2009/01/23

Blister on side of foot

I have a blister the size of a 2c coin on the side of my foot on my small toe.I do a lot of cycling but never had this before.What can I use to get rid of it or should I just ignore it till it goes away?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Zib

First you need to identify which pair of shoes caused the blister. Is it from your cycling shoes or another pair? This is a very common site for blisters, mostly caused by shoes that are too tight. Do not pop the blister, try to keep it intact as long as possible - this is the best way to heal it. if it has already opened up, cut away the looses skin, use an antiseptic cream and cover with a plater.

Chris