Blister on shin

I have a blister on my shin and what is alarming is that I have not had done anything that could have caused this. I did havd a similar occurence during winter last year, but I just ignored it and it went away. Now I have got another one in about the same place.It is just above my ankle in the shin area. It has gradually filled with liquid. What could be the possible cause of this?

Dear Anonymous
Blisters are most commonly caused by friction, sometimes an inflammation or infection of the skin can cause blisters too ( like in contact dermatitis). If possible, do not open it, just put gauze with bactroban cream on the area and keep it closed until it heals.