Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/10/14

Blister

Hi there...

I don' t know where else to post this question.

About once or twice a year I develop blisters almost exactly halfway between my top lip and my nose.

It' s little small blisters that form part of one group.

Coupled to this is a swelling below my chin, which is hard to the touch. I don' t know what gland resides there.

I' m not 100% sure, but I think it' s accompanied by a slight fever right before it happens.

What could be the cause, and what can I use to treat this? It usually clears up in a week or 2 but it' s uncomfortable and ugle.

Kind regards.

Expert ImagePharmacist

These are probably cold sores which is caused by the type 1 herpes simplex virus.

Ask for a cream called Activir or one of its generics next time you feel the tingling on the skin starting.

Best of luck!

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2009/10/15

Best of luck!

Reply to pharmacist