Question
Posted by: Joanne | 2008-11-10

Blinding headaches

Hi doctor, I can' t seem to figure out whats wrong with me. Saturday while out with my bf i just developed a headache &  since we were about to eat i thought by the time we were done it would go away but it didn' t. It wasn' t a pain that needed a tablet it was weird. That night i assumed that i would sleep it off but the next morning i woke up with the same pain &  i started feeling very weak &  like i wanted to vomit. My neck muscles also were a bit sore &  it was irritating me , i kept wanting to break it. This mooring i felt a bit weak &  like i had an upset stomach. I dont know whats wrong with me. This pain is mostly around the back of my neck

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Joanne,

It is essential with the symptoms you have to see a doctor, preferably a neurologist, as soon as possible. The symptoms you have could be a sign of meningitis, which can be life threatening.