Question
Posted by: Nix | 2008/07/25

Blinding Headaches

Hi doc
From Wednesday i have been getting terrible head aches,its mainly wen i get up from my chair or the bed and i try to wake in a slow motion but it still hits me at the back of my head and neck region. Its around the back of my head, neck and at the front side. Could you please tell me if its anything serious because i have to constantly take pain killers for it

Thanx

Nix

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you consult a physio therapist, in order to assess your muscles at the back of your neck and scull, as it is possible that they are in spasm, which in turn can cause terrible headaches. The physio therapist will be able to treat you and to alleviate the spasm.

If the pain persists after these physio sessions, you should consult a neurologist.

Kind regards