Question
Posted by: Debbie | 2009/09/02

blind spots

Hi Doc. I keep getting blind spots in my eyes. It lasts for a few hours and then goes away. What is causing this?

Dear Debbie
It could be a kind of migraine or a temporary blockage of blood flow to the eye by cholesterol plaques. Rather see an opthalmologist to determine the cause of the blind spots so that it can be treated before permanent damage occurs.

1
Posted by: B | 2009/09/02

This could be a ' silent'  migraine. I got them for a while (but no headaches). Now I get migraines, but no blindspots. The doc will prob ask you to exlude other causes. These blind spots are called scotomas

Reply to B