Posted by: Kitty Mommy | 2009-06-26

Blind or just brain damaged Cat

My cat had kitten 1 year ago. One of her babies somehow ended up in the water bowl and drowned. I found it and revived it so it could not have been in there long.

The kitten thrived and I decided to keep him. Now 1 year later strange behavior has become apparent and I think clearly, I think he has always done this.

He doesnt walk UP on his legs in the house, he crawls (like he is hunting something). He jumps and bounces and chases nothing, but it literally looks like he is really after an animal, not a shadow.

I can approach him from behind and he is fine, but if I approach him from the front or side he has a panic attack and lies as flat as he can,

If I close the door, he walks into it, If I put something on the floor, he walks into it.

I think he is either partially blind, fully blind or brain damaged. Other than that, he is 100% healthy and happy and a joy to have.

Any ideas?

Dear Kitty Mommy

Why dont you just take him for a eye examination?