Question
Posted by: Therapist | 2008/08/21

Blepharephimosis Syndrome

Could you please give me more information on this sydrome and how it present in children

Dear Therapist,
It is a rare genetic disorder. Patients have a drooping upper eyelid and the inside of the eye folds are abnormal. ( This can be corrected by operation. They can't open their eyes normally. Associated disorders may include mental retardation, ovarian and uterine atrophy with infertility, and tearduct abnormalities. Type I occurs in females and is associated with infertility. Type II occurs in both males and females.
See http://www.mrcophth.com/ptosis/blepharophimosis.html