Question
Posted by: JC | 2013/01/04

Bleeding while on Mercilon

I''''m 25 and have had prolonged bleeding (around 6 weeks each cycle) for as long as I could remember. Recently, the gynae started me on Mercilon. I''''ve been taking it for about 2 weeks and it''''s been fine till 5 days ago, when I started bleeding. Initially it was just spotting but got heavier by the day. Today, it was bright red and the amount is like a normal period. I did skip a pill 4 days ago, but have been regular since then.

Is there a cause for concern? Is there anything to do with ITP?

It is probably because of the skipped pill that this has happened. You will have to be very regular with your pills. Do you have ITP?