Question
Posted by: Honey | 2010/02/18

Bleeding Ulcers

42 yr old female. Have lost 8kgs in 2 months, no special diet. I have been bleeding from my rectum. I think it might be ulcers. Dr advised me to go for a scan and also to have the camera test done. He was not very specific and want to know what can possibly be wrong. Been very weak and tired. Try eating but food just comes out. Also been stressed. What' s possibly wrong with me. Can it be my colons?

Hallo Honey
Losing weight without dieting plus bleeding is always a red light as cancer often can present with these symptoms. It may be nothing but your doctor is being cautious and it is the right thing to go for a scan and colonscopy (scope) as soon as possible. You may be tired as you may be suffering from anemia due to the bleeding. Bleeding from the colon could be due diverticulitis, a bleeding polyp in the colon, inflammatory diseases of the colon like ulcerative colitis or cancer.

2
Posted by: noluthndomarcia | 2010/02/19

i have pain in my stomach can it be ulcer

Reply to noluthndomarcia
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/18

Hallo Honey

Reply to cyberdoc