Question
Posted by: CAZ | 2008/08/18

bleeding too long - feeling faint

I am 36 yrs old - was sterilised 5yrs ago - and am having period problems....irregular periods and terrible cramps and contractions for first day or two. last period went on for two weeks then only came back after 6 weeks - started on Thursday very heavy and painful for day and a half - have felt very weak and dizzy and have flashes of lights in front of my eyes when I feel dizzy. What tablets/vitamins can I take to replenish my system (possibly iron deficiency due to bleeding?)
Don' t have a medical aid for gynae or hospital - where can i go - live in Pinetown.

You can take iron tablets but this will not help the bleeding. You need to see a doctor. You can go to a government clinic if you cannot afford to go privately.