Posted by: Lunga | 2009-03-06

Bleeding toe nail, painful feet

I have a bleeding toe nail, everytime after taking a bath, i have to wait for some time for it to stop bleeding befor i can start dressing up. sometimes the blood clogs in between the nail and the skin whic i think can cause infection and collect dirt. please advise on wha to do.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Lunga

There could be a number of reasons why your toenail is bleeding and its best to find out exactly why before trying to treat it. There may be a lesion under the nail, abone growth, loads of different reasons and treatment would be vary from one condition to another. I would go and see a doctor/podiatrist and get a diagnosis of the problem so that treatment can be planned.