Question
Posted by: Anno | 2009-07-14

Bleeding/ Spotting

Good Day Doc,

I would have liked to ask the gynea this Q, but there is not a " Post you Question"  block on her page. But I really have to know if I should be concerned.

I had a baby a year and a month ago. Months before and even since the baby was born I have not had a period. Last month I decided to go for me contraceptives again- Petogen 150mg. Today I discovered some spotting (previously I did not get my period at all on this contraceptive). Should I be concerned over the spotting?

Hallo Anno
the spotting can be due to the Petogen - sometimes when the inside lining of the womb is very thin, this happens. You can wait and see if it stops after a month, if not, you may need to see your gyne for a papsmear and maybe some esterogen supplement for a month or so.