Question
Posted by: Painful! | 2012-03-23

Bleeding owl movements

Hello Dr. I was always regular until late last year then my bowl movements changed and I become constipated. When I did have bowl movements i started bleeding. Afterwards I am unable to sit normally (Now sit with bums in the air) nor can I lie down. I am now in the hbit to wash mysef after every movement it is painful sometimes it burns and it is only on my left side of th rectum. I have cut down on my coffee as I thought it is mabe that. I have went to the dr last year and he prescribed " Scheriproct Ointment"  in the beginning it help but i can not always but the nuzzle in the rectum due to the pain. I have a bowl movement now evry three days and I want to scream with pain. sometimes i push just to get it over although I now it is bad. when have my bolw movement i have to go about three times as not all come out. Please help as pain killers does not relieve the pain!! I can not afford to go to dr''s as I do not have medical aid. Colon cancer does not run in the family only breast and prostrate. So I don''t think it will have a impact. What can it be as piles clear up after a few days and mine is already a few months?

Mariaan

Unfortunately, piles do not clear up by itself and you will have to consult a doctor to have the piles surgically removed. It is also possible that you have a mucosal tare, which is not healing, due to the fact that your stools are hard. I therefore, suggest that you use Laxette suryp, 20ml, twice daily for at least ten days to soften your stools. You can also add Softlax, two tablets at night, to assist with your bowel movement.