Posted by: Abs | 2008-11-11

Bleeding non-stop with huge blood clots

I have been diagnosed with PCOS in the beginning of the year. Was given Triphasal and it worked for a while. My period was normal again until recently. I have been bleeding non-stop for more than a month now with big blood clots coming out every 5 minutes? Is this normal? What do private Gynae' s charge? I live in CT. Am really starting to get worried as i am planning on going to the UK next year. I change my pads every 2 hrs and sometimes need to double-pad my pantie!!! Please advise me urgently. Will i have trouble conceiving in the future? what does this mean for me? Please help!!!!

I presume that you are still taking Triphasil. This sort of bleeding is not normal in this case and you do need to see a gynaecologist. Private fees vary from R400 - R800.