Posted by: Katuma | 2013-01-22

Bleeding in pregnancy 14+ weeks

Good day
I''m in the 14+ week pregnant. I had a very bad bleeding on the 25th of December but the doc said with the baby is everything ok. Now I have every morning since 3 days a soft bleeding with dark blood.
As I live in the middle of the bush and not able to get medical attention I hope that you can give me any advise how to act at the moment.
Many regards,

You really need another scan to check if the baby is okay.

Posted by: Anon | 2013-01-22

You should always see the doctor when you experience any discomfort during your pregnancy. My experience during my pregnancy was similar sometimes the bleeding would be bright red and other times dark. the doctor would always measure my cervix to rule out an incompetent cervix and to check if i dont need a stitch. Because baby was always ok and so was my cervix he put me on cyclogest which i took until about 25 weeks then after that he gave me nursterate injection which took me up until I delivered. I have a healthy, intelligent little girl of 10 months. Make sure you get lots of rest meaning rest off your feet, take things easy avoid long shopping trips and that where you have to walk alot and stand about. I did not have sex for the first 4months and when we resumed we were very gentle. Avoid stress as much as possible.