Question
Posted by: Michel | 2010-02-16

Bleeding from the Rectum

Hi Doc,

For just over a month now I have found that when I wipe myself after a poo, I have bleeding. Initially it was just a spot or two of blood, but now it is much more. I don' t feel any pain. I also don' t have hard stools and don' t or very rarely suffer constipation. Am also regular.

I just left it thinking it is a simple anal fissure and will heal. How ling does it take for a fissure to heal or do they just never heal once you get one? Other than being very tired, I don' t have much else wrong with me.

Should I just wait a bit longer and see what happens or is there a need to consult the GP. Oh, I did have thrush recently but that was after taking Augmentin SR for bronchitis.

Please advise.

Hallo Michel
Rather let your doctor have a look if you don't feel an obvious hemorroid or have a painful anal fissure. It may be a polyp inside that is bleeding and one should also just check that it is not a cancer.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-02-16

Hallo Michel
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc