Question
Posted by: Shan | 2010/11/24

Bleeding for 14 weeks after childbirth

I have a Gynae appointment on the 1st of December but I am still worried. Why would I still be bleeding. I am also not feeling well and very dizzy. Would I have to have a D& C?

It could be that there are some retained placental fragments or that you have a mild infection or it could be hormonal. See what your Gynae says.

2

Posted by: Purple | 2010/11/24

This is not normal.

If you are still bleeding at your 6 week check up your gynae should have investigated to find out why.

I suggest you phone your gynae, explain the problem to the receptionist and see if you can have the appointment moved forward. IF not, go and see your GP, if they can''t assist you they will phone the gynae and get the appointment moved forward.

The dizziness is probably because you have started to get anaemic from the loss of iron.

Reply to Purple