Question
Posted by: Shan | 2010/10/28

Bleeding for 10 weeks after Child birth

I gave birth on the 16th of August. My bleeding has not stopped. It keeps going brown and then bright red. A pharmacist suggested that I take iron pills. Is there anything that would help stop the bleeding? My Midwife only wants to see me once I stop bleeding for the check up.

Are you on contraception? The injection can cause this sort of bleeding. Perhaps you need to see your gynaecologist to exclude any problems.

3
Posted by: Purple | 2010/10/29

Make an appointment with your gynae immediately. If bleeding hasn''t stopped at 6 weeks, you are supposed to see your gynae.
You are meant to have a 6 week check up with the gynae or midwife after having had baby and if the bleeding hadn''t stopped then they should have investigated why.

Reply to Purple

Posted by: Nic | 2010/10/28

That is not normal to still be bleeding. You probably have some placental fragments left behind which need to be removed. I cannot understand how she only wants to see you when the bleeding has stopped....doesnt make sense...she should know better.

Reply to Nic